Re: [TCML] Stuck at 36"

----- Original Message ----- From: "G Hunter"

Wiki says Formica is a paper or cloth laminate impregnated with melamine resin. It sounds a lot like phenolic or garolite with a glossy finish. I'm guessing the resin is laced with dye or metal flakes (or both), since it comes in a variety of colors. I doubt it is suitable dielectric for RF pulse caps. Not a big deal, since polyethylene
and polypropylene sheet and film is widely available to home-brewers.

I use a white plastic laminate (Formica, Wilsonart, et al) as a substrate to mount my MMC caps on, and have never had any problem with it.

Jon