RE: [TCML] Burn Through The Stem Of The Globe?

Scott,

Wait! Math wierdness. 2 amps at 12V, would be 0.2 amps at 120V. You are more
likely in the 20 watt range. The IRFP450 ZVS is an absolute champ driver
circuit, and I can get to almost 120 watts with it. Nothing else that I
tried comes even close to driving a flyback as well.

Another thing to remember Miles, is that the globes Mark used were old, and
they just don't make stuff like they used too; it is highly probable that
the glass is substantially thicker on Marks globes.  I have heard of many
MOSFET driven globes dying, especially when driven by the power supplies for
sale at Amazing1, but then again from what I know of those drivers they run
off of Rectified 120V, but I don't know that for sure from looking at
pictures (I suspect this because I saw no step down transformer in the
works, and the thing had an AC wall
plug.)  If my globe draws 2 amps at 12 V, that could mean 20 A at 120V, or
2400W at full power (which is an absurd value, so I'm sure there are means
to prevent this.)  Just my two cents, I'm no expert.

Scott Bogard.