[TCML] fused variac

Hi All,

?

Recently picked up a new-in-the-box, 125 V autotransformer rated 2KVA 0-140 V at a yard sale ($25 US). In checking it over I noticed that the fuse in it is a GSB10, which according to my catalog is?a fast acting?10A. Back when I was in school, 125 V X 10 A = 1250 W, not 2 KW. Does anyone know if they're they being overly cautious?or does it have the wrong fuse in it? I do have some GSA15 slo-blow fuses, but would hate to toast a brand new unit finding out. Any knowledgeable response appreciated.

?

Matt D.