From a power input and toroid size viewpoint, you could get
54" to 62" sparks depending on various factors.

   http://futuret.110mb.com

John
--

-----Original Message-----
From: b.jbohn@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: A <Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 6:39 pm
Subject: [TCML] Stuck at 36"

Hello everyone, first time here (great site!). I've built a coil that refuses to put a streamer past 36" to a grounded plate suspended vertically at the top
of the secondary.  Occassionally I'll get one 41-42".

I'm using NST's 1@60Ma 7.5kv 4@30Ma 7.5kv all hooked together. I think they're all okay because if I remove any one of them from the system performance
diminishes.

The secondary coil that I've had the best luck with is wound on a 5-1/4" varnished paper tube winding length 22-1/2" the wire is .014 or #27 magnet it's
1,607 turns 2,208 feet.

My capacitors are a mixed batch of homemade HDPE plate type.

Caps #1 & 2 each contain aluminum plates 10 x 12" 16 plates each .090 HDPE
between each plate

Caps #3 & 4 each contain aluminum plates 4-1/2 x 9" 40 plates each .060 HDPE
between each plate

Cap #5 rolled type in oil .01583 MFD

All capacitors are in oil.

My spark gap is a segmented type with 10 copper tubes 7/8 OD 5" long total space
between gaps is .150" just enough so the transformers can break.
The gap is also blown with a fan.

My primary is a 1/4" copper tube conical 15 degree 14 turns 23" OD 7-1/2" ID seems best tapped at 12 to 13 turns. I'm using a spun toroid it is 4-1/2 x 18" that size seems to work the best although if I put a 6" sphere on top pretty cool stuff happens (the streamers jump around the toroid and ball). I have other secondaries that I've tried but this one is the best. I have looked at other coils on this listing and other websites and I think mine should be doing
better than 36".  Any input appreciated!

Bill