From: "tesla" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 7:40 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] MOT Measurements

Hi Again all

Did measurements and advise.

Single 600 Watt MOT, magnetic shunts in:

With primary sided shorted (replicates low source Z mains) 200v rms of
secondary excitation causes 100mA to flow.

The modulus of the impedance is therefore 2000 ohms. As the resistive
component is small compared to this the modulus is almost the same as the
Inductive reactance. So from 2pifL=Z L is 6.3Hy

What are the measurement conditions used to give results as high as 40Hy
??
I believe my technique is validly measuring the series output inductance
of
an operating MOT as an external voltage generator can replace the one
provided when the Xfrmr is operating. Have I missed something in my
thinking
??. I will try the same measurement with an AC excitation of about 1kv to
bring the xfrmr closer to normal operating conditions but I expect this
will
lower further the Xl value as saturation impacts
Ta
Ted