Re: [TCML] Nothing like first light

Hi Finn,

Finn Hammer wrote:
variac, voltage doubler, charging choke, deQing diode.
The charging choke is just a MOT with  the "I" lams.
Neat!

All sidac`s, exept the top half, are bypassed by a SCR, which allows me to force ringdown with an input voltage starting at 136V. The following ringdowns happen from 272V then, due to the _voltage doubling in the charging choke_ .
Ok, so 2X following the first ringdown. Your topology is to use the sidac's as an open circuit with a DC charging circuit that is slightly less that the full string, at which point you can trigger the SCR to gate the IGBT? Are the sidac's ever conducting? Would the top sidac also serve as a safety gap of sorts?

Forgive all the questions, just trying to understand the circuit.

Thank you,
Bart