Re: [TCML] Need coil winding advice

I used an ice cream maker motor for my coil winding jig.

http://myweb.cableone.net/grcarhunter/jig.htm

Ice cream makers turn at low RPM and high torque.  They are easy to throttle using a variac.  You can stall the motor by hand when you need a break--won't hurt it a bit.  They are cheap and available at yard sales.

Cheers,

Greg