RE: [TCML] Non-lethal use of a Tesla Coil in security

I'd say that they were vandalizing important scientific equipment and their injuries were a result of that.  Place nice warning placards all around it on the inside of the house.  Set it up to look like they were messing with it.  Not hard...

There were some kids here about 18 years ago or so that climbed over the fence into a substation and were throwing rocks and such at the trannies and insulators, etc.  One kid got electrocuted by an arc, and I believe the stupid parents tried to sue the power company.  1.  The kids were trespassing and 2. They were committing more crimes by vandalizing the equipment.  Just like someone who breaks into your house or car.  Now I would say this might not really be that practical for the same reason as any other security system, the PITA factor of arming/disarming it and having family or friends come over to water plants, etc while you are on vacation.

Nick A