From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 12:12 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] Bi-Polar TC

Here's a link to my Bi-Polar coil:  http://www.tesla-coil.com/Bipolar.htm

I never considered grounding the center of the secondary.  I designed and
built
this coil due to my neighbors firing arrows with explosives strapped to the
shaft at me (I'm not kidding, still have the al arrows) when I rolled my 1/4
wave out the front of the house to fire it up.  I wanted something that
didn't
need a ground and could be used indoors, hence the argon filled acrylic
cabinet.  It uses a Franceformer 9kV 50mA transformer.

Cheers,

John Cooper
www.tesla-coil.com

Quoting sparktron01@xxxxxxxxxxx:

> Shannon, all
>
> Working in the electrical power industry, EPDM cable is used almost
> universally
> in "non shielded" medium voltage applications. I have personally used 15kV

> insulation cable on 13.8 kV installations. Several references:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPDM_rubber

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login.jsp?url=/iel4/5934/15805/00732949.pd
f?arnumber=732949

> http://www.awcwire.com/ProductTOC.aspx?id=EPDM
>
> Interesting history on high voltage insulation compounds and advancements
in
> EPDM type compounds.

http://www.indianapoliscompounds.com/downloads/EPR_cables_final%20version_4.
04.05.PDF