RE: [TCML] New high voltage source for VTTC

-----Original Message-----
From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of alfred
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2009 10:56 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] New high voltage source for VTTC

Hi list

I am slowly building a new VTTC with a big russian tube (GU5B) and I
needed a more powerful high voltage transformer to power it.
Unfortunately I have only small MOTs with different outputs, so it would
be hard to simply parallel them.

SOME SNIPPAGE: I also fretted over the circulating currents in my
paralleled transformers. The total current draw (with the mismatched
transformers) was only an amp or so. Don't worry about it. The toob
needs lots of current, parallel those trannys and "get it on". The
shunts are knocked out of my xmfrs, each draws 2-4A no load. My setup is
two paralleled xmfrs, with a half-wave doubler. The two 5868's in my
toob coil draw 25-30A from the wall. When these MOT's fail, more will be
added to the fire!
     Remember, "if more is better, then too much is just enough". James