[TCML] Mystery Cylinders on Primary Lines

Hi all,

Although this is certainly not directly Tesla coil related,
this was the only place that I figured that someone would
probably know the answer ;^) Can someone please tell
me what these "mystery cylinders" are that are clamped
on the primary lines in the first photo of my Flickr page?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33464569@N05/?saved=1

Please read the description for the full description.
To keep the moderators happy, you may want to send
your response to me directly and off-list.  ;^)

David Rieben