From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Finn Hammer
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2009 5:30 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] Suitable SIDACtors, was:Terry Filter Resistors

piranha skrev:
> James wrote:
>> P.S. Terry, what are we gonna do about the F3000K1's. Do you think
the
>> Littlefuse sidac's will be satisfactory?
>>
> There is nothing really critical about the SIDACs Mostly just want
> high voltage. They don't seem to normally get hot so the power is
> probably not to important. Just about any SIDAC that is sort of close
> should do fine.
>
> Terry
To get something similar to the F3000K1`s try these types:

Part #  : P3602AC

Part #  : P4202AC

Part #  : P4802AC

Part #  : P6002AC

Or any of the PxxxxAC line.
The parts are rated for rather long lasting pulses, and can be derated
for the short 3-400nS pulse that a SISG application calls out.
I am currently looking into the line of DO214 surface mount types which
have the scope to perform as well.

Cheers, Finn Hammer