From: otmaskin5@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, Dec 12, 2009 11:02 am
Subject: [TCML] Terry Filter Question

ust getting back into coiling after a break since last winter (although I have
ontinued to read the TCML posts).  It's good to be back & I have really missed
he constantly nagging ozone-induced cough.
Anyway, I decided to start by rebuilding my little 9/30 coil & got it working
ery well.  I then came acrossed a 7500/60 NST for a good price and the new
ransformer has now replaced the 9/30 NST.  I got the coil working, but haven't
anted to push to it too hard until I wire in a Terry filter.  It seems 7500/60s
ren't nearly as abundant as 9/30s.
I had no problem finding info for buliding a Terry filter for my 15/60 coil, but
aven't been able to find filter specs for a 7.5/60.  I think the component
alues need to be different, particularly the MOVs.  Maybe different for other
omponents too.  I'd appreciate it if one of you could point me in the right
irection.
Thanks,  Dennis Hopkinton MA
PS - it's a static gap coil.