Re: [TCML] Suitable MMC Capacitors

We carry MMCs in stock --- always have for the list members --- and sell
them for $3.25 each.  I get good pricing on them because I purchase them
1,000 pcs at a time.

I know it takes some brain-storming, but a kid I mentor started waxing cars
and he makes about $80 every two weeks doing this.  One has to be
resourceful as possible if working on a budget.

I agree with your comments on the mylar.  The mfg lists them only for DC
filter work in power supplies.  The 700 series they sell for pulse duty work
such as snubber apllications, etc.

Saltwater caps are fine for budget type coils, but the glass does absorb
approx 25% of the energy going into the cap as opposed to modern plastic
dielectrics which are very low loss..

Dr. Resonance