Re: [TCML] Suitable MMC Capacitors

Paul Brodie wrote:
I am at a loss here. When caps are advertised as polyester, like these, how do you know or discover that they are actually Mylar? I recommended these to Brandon because they were advertised as polyester caps, I thought. Also, is polyester just as lossy as Mylar at high frequencies? Mylar and polyester are two different materials, aren't they?!

Nope.. Mylar(tm) is a trade name for a particular polyester. Good leakage properties at DC, but pretty bad loss at RF.