RE: [TCML] Capacitor dielectric examples and Tesla coil equations

That might be a useful argument to have!

>From a dielectric loss perspective, if I can believe the dissipation factor table that I posted about earlier, PS is about the lowest-loss factor dielectric one could choose.  But for some reason, one just never sees pulse caps made with a PS dielectric.

It's likely that PS caps would fail for reasons other than dielectric losses in a high current pulse application.  Maybe high-current plate termination techniques used in PP caps can't be applied in PS caps?  Don't know.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA