[TCML] Mirrors as glass plate and "foil" style caps?

Hey All....

I removed a very large mirror from a home today and the owner said to trash it... the mirror is 5'X7' and yes it is heavy ;) got to thinking and I was just wondering IF a mirror could be used as a plate cap since the silver is already on one side of it... remove enuf of the silvering around the perimeter to create an "insulative border", lay in some aluminum foil links to each silver sided section...

Just wondering...

the main problem I see with this is that the silvering would sizzle away like the foil on a CD disk in a microwave on high power cook setting...
or do yall feel it would hold up??

Scot D