Re: [TCML] Gate Drive Waveforms Ringing

Jesse,

All the measurements are taken using differential measurement method, but I
do not need to use that method on the gate drives it seems to work either
way, but the out put of the bridge is taken using differential method. Steve
Ward brings up a good point as of right now the ringing on the gates is
probably tolerable as it is not swinging far enough to turn it off during
the cycle prematurely, however the snubber on the DC rails is what is
missing I totally forgot about those, those caps and resistors were ordered
but for some reason were never sent. So that explains the ringing on the
output. I am trying to have this ready for the teslathon on the 29th but not
sure if I am going to make it or not but I will keep trying and see what
happens.

Steve,

I do have clamping diodes and TVS protection in case things get out of hand
on the gates and the ringing on the output is definitely caused by stray
inductance I totally forgot about the snubber I had planned on putting in.
Thanks for the input that refreshed my memory. BTW I posted a pic of the
coil here: http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac356/Brianvod/9inchCoil.jpg
so this is what I am working on at the moment.

Thanks for the input guys

--BrianV