RE: [TCML] secondary windings burning?

Hi Gary,

Ok, I'll bit on this one. I just received a half roll of 21 AWG from eBay.
Great wire!

When I was 16, I used to work in a wire factory. .5" solid copper was drawn
though die machines sometimes to human hair size or less.

Yawn... my job was to cut the remnants off the rolls to be recycled via a
box cutter.

It was very evident that wire wound on a spool was extremely symmetrical in
the layers.

Buying wire on eBay is a crap shoot that can turn up snake eyes. Using this
analogy, my last buy was the aforementioned symmetrical wind with the label
in tact!

I have 18 pounds of other wire from the crap shoot that is only good enough
for my scrap bin - no label- amateur wind- insulation burns or scratches
right off. Jewelry wire I suppose.

We put a lot of work in our coils. The secondary is a critical assembly.

Buyer beware!!
Jim