From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of futuret@xxxxxxx
Sent: 09 August 2009 20:56
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [TCML] SRSG Rotor Mods difficulty

Phil,

I'm following up on my last posting here.  I looked up the
specifications for my synch motor modification.  It turns out
that the rotor was 1.875" dia. and I cut the 2 flats 1.062" wide.
I modified that motor on January 28, 1995.

My guess is that the flats could have been a little narrower,
and the motor probably would have worked just as well.
So yes, I made the flats much wider for a 3000/3600rpm motor
than I would for an 1500/1800 rpmm motor.

Cheers,
John