[TCML] Photos of my coil.

Hey all! It's Austin. Heres my flikr account, along with photos of the coil
I'm constructing. I'm an aspiring coiler and would very much welcome any
critical observations or queries as to the design and how it may be
improved.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedangerousnerd/sets/72157621985544942/

Also, I've been pondering the death of my first 15Kv 30 milliamp
Franceformer neon sign transformer. I'll admit that I didnt have the terry
filter grounded, but the autopsy (trying to draw an arc from either pole)
revealed that either the primary was done for, or that both secondary
windings failed, in that if one of the secondary coils were intact, I should
(?) be able to get 7,500v from a surviving pole to the transformer case.
Any idea what happened, or what I might do to protect a new transformer?

Thanks!

Austin

P.S. I'm looking to procure anywhere from a 10-25 amp variac for main
voltage controll, as well as a 15Kv 60milliamp NST. Should I just throw
money at it? Or do you guys have some kindof high-voltage fairy that stops
by with loads of surplus components...