[TCML] Re: YAY SOLIDWORKS

Yes, SolidWorks is great for basic design capture, even if it's not used for the final documentation. Sometimes I'll play around in SolidWorks just to figure out how something might go together.

Here's the SolidWorks model for Electrum's rotary gap system, done by Tim Wadlington in 1997:

http://www.lightninglab.org/Projects/electrum/construction/pages/rtarygap.html

-GL

Andrew Robinson wrote:

So I just discovered the amazingness of solid works. My new ARSG is completely designed. Heres the general over picture. Everything is so perfect mathmatically. If you dont have solidworks you should consider using it! This'll make the work for the machinist cake.

http://host.atomiklan.com/assembly.jpg