Re: [TCML] Polyurethane Finish Questions (update)

For water stains, I once had good luck in furniture using a blow dryer. I had some friends over years ago, and some of them weren't really house trained. They didn't use coasters and left numerous circular water stains, where their cold glasses were. After several weeks, I decided to try a hair blow dryer, and they completely disappeared.

I have no idea whether I was driving moisture out of the furniture, softening the finish, ??? All I know is that it worked one time. I don't know whether the finish was varnish, shellac, poly, etc.

Adam