Re: [TCML] Questions on grounding

Hi Joe,
I've been following your coil situations, and just thought I'd chime in with a
couple thoughts-
It doesn't sound like you have a safety gap on your nst, and that's something
you might want to really consider. It could save you from turning your nst into
a door stopper. :)
Re: your breakouts from all around the toroid; have you tried taping a nail or
something similar to the toroid? When I say tape, I mean sticking outwards away
from it. This would help concentrate your arcs to one spot. I think someone
already suggested smoothing out the toroid and retaping with foil tape. This
helps, but you'll still break out all around without a point attached. I
sometimes use a smooth, stainless steel sphere on mine; sometimes with a
breakout point attached, sometimes not. I guess it goes with whether I'm in the
mood for quantity or length. Keep tweaking away, and keep us up to date on your
progress,

Neal.