[TCML] Polyurethane Finish Questions

What's the safest way to clean a secondary coil coated with oil based polyurethane?  I have paint thinner and also denatured alcohol on-hand.  Should I buy turpentine or mineral spirits?  I don't want to ruin the glossy finish.  I just want to clean off dust, dirt, and fingerprints.

I've also recently read that polyurethane oil finishes may contain metallic drying agents, including zinc. Metals in the varnish? Seriously? Why doesn't this ruin the dielectric qualities of the cured poly?

Cheers,

Greg