Re: [TCML] Finalising design for homebuilt transformer.

Phil,

Wonderfull cores, makes me itch to do another transformer myself.
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/museum/pig/porkchop.htm

One thing comes to mind: You have half the cross section of core going trough the secondary's as you have going trough the primary's. I have a vague feeling that this means that you are going to get half the voltage per turn on the secondary as on the primary.

As I said, it is only a vague feeling, perhaps you want to make an experiment with a few secondary windings, to check it out before committing to wind both secondary's.

I for one would be interested to hear the results. And I cannot do it myself on a mot before tomorrow :-(

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Phil Tuck skrev:
Hello.

I am finalising my design for my homebuilt transformer and after a lot of
experimenting (volts per turn & current draw with different setups) I have
decided on this
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/follies/tesla/radartransformer.html      (It
starts about half way down the page.)

Just wondered if anyone can see any points that could be troublesome or
anything that  I've not considered.

Regards

Phil

www.follytowers.co.uk/tesla