Re: [TCML] NST Insulator Carbon Track

From: "bartb"

BTW, if using wax for a potting compound as I do, to prevent air bubbles (and sometimes deep caverns), never pour a gallon of wax into the case. You have to layer the wax. I use 1/2" increments letting the wax harden before adding more wax. Also, never put the lid on the case when letting the wax cool (it needs to cool quickly).

You can get away with pouring the whole thing if you poke a series of contraction shafts into the wax as it begins to solidify. On my 60mA units, I used a 1/2 in dowel, with maybe a couple dozen pokes or so down into the unit.

The shafts are then filled with molten wax, re-poked with the dowel when it begins to solidify again, and the process repeated two or three times. You finish with a top pour if you want it to look pretty on top.

Jon