Re: [TCML] VTTC-tuning. John got me started ;-)

Hello folks.

Just bringing this thread back to where it came from, I tried some
tuning on my VTTC as suggested by you and those were the
results:

The breakout point made most of the difference until now.
The sparks are still pretty gnarled, but somewhat more towards
sword like than before. Together with some "lower than calculated"
tapping of the primary the thing runs pretty well now, producing
over 40cm sparks to a grounded target, but only ca 30cm into
free air.
Lighing up fluorescent lamps and indescandant light bulbs works
great.
But all other changes, varying grid leak R and C over very
wide ranges seemed to change nearly nothing....
I had not the chance to change feedback coild position, yet
Maybe with even more tuning, this can be really fiddly, just as you
told me.

Only negative aspect I could find, I got myself a nasty RF burn.
No, I did not try to touch the spark or something like this. I just
held another secondary coil from another projekt in my hands while
the VTTC was running, and suddenly my finger hurt and it smelled
very unpleasant.... beginners mistake, could have foreseen that...

However, thanks for your advice.

best regards

Christoph Bohr