Re: [TCML] JAVATC output

Hi Robert,

I looked at your coil. Your lead length is 16 and I think you meant 0.16. Anyway, the coil will need a top load. Have any game plans for that? Given the coil is very short and wide with h/d of 2.27, your likely to get arcing to the primary with enough power. But power is something that is obvious here. It's only a 15/30 NST powering a very large coil. The coil portion isn't so much the issue as is the capacitance of .04uF. Not a big problem, but it would be nice to know your top load as this will affect the results. So, what top load did you look at? I notice the coil is out of tune by factor of 4, so I assume you modeled a top load and forgot to include it.

Bart

Robert Davies wrote:
The gap is a guess at this point as I'm not sure yet if I'm going rotary or static.