From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Lau, Gary
Sent: 22 September 2008 15:56
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: RE: [TCML] question of construction - is metal okay at the
centerofprimary?

There is no black or white answer to your question.  NST's and MOT's are
commonly mounted in the base of coils - it all depends upon just how
close to the primary they are.  Two inches away, and you will have
problems.  Two feet, no problem.  And a whole lot of gray in between.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA