Re: [TCML] pole pigs from Gustav

bunnykiller wrote:
Hey Herr...

I checked with the Entergy employee after reading this email. I asked what the company does with the damaged piggies. They throw them away... not recycled, not melted down for scrap metal, not referbished, just simply thrown away. The costs to "resurect" piggies is not viable. It costs more to do a total overhaul on a piggie than to buy a new one. Plus it gives the company an opportunity to replace old units with new ones.

Scot D

They may well throw them away, in which case you can be there ready to receive it. But grabbing it before they look at it and decide to pitch it is, as others have pointed, out, plain and simple theft.