Re: [TCML] Winding a secondary?

Splicing shouldn't be a big deal.  Use some fine sandpaper and gently remove the enamel from the wire ends.  19AWG is pretty thick.  Using a fine jeweler's file or a knife sharpening stone, get the ends as square as possible, and make a butt splice.  Do this well away from the coilform--you don't want to blister the PVC.  A couple of wooden clothes pins glued down side-by-side make a cheap, simple jig for holding the wire ends together.  Make the joint as neat and small as possible using regular 60/40 rosin core electronics solder.  Gently sand away any bumps.  Slip a bit of skinny heat shrink over the joint, shrink it, and paint it with clear gloss varnish.  Continue winding.  Operate the coil with the joint towards the bottom--the voltage is lower down there.

Greg