[TCML] yet another 833c vttc with problems

I just finished my first VTTC. It's a single 833C closely following
Steve
> Ward's single 833A schematic. The specs:
> Secondary - 3.5" x 19" x #24
> Topload - 3" x 7.5" toroid, about 1" above the top turn.
> Primary - 29 turns #12 THHN on a 6.25" green pipe. Bottom turn level
with
> secondary bottom turn.
> Filament supply - rewound mot, 10V even (does get warm).
> Plate supply - very large (physically) old mot, voltage
> doubler 2.00uf, mo diode, 1800pf10kv ceramic disk
> Tank cap - 2nf 40kV
doorknob
http://cgi.ebay.com/Capacitor-2000pF-40KV-high-voltage-ceramic-doorknob_W0QQitemZ150273980303QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
> Plate filter - 10 turns #12 on 30ohm 20W
> Feedback coil - 22 turns #24
> Grid leak - 5k 100w fixed, 1800pf 10kv ceramic disk
> Everything is wired with #12 wire. All connections are tight.
> brand new rf parts taylor 833c
No staccato yet

I can't even get the coil to oscillate.  I've tried switching polarity on
the grid coil and a few other things.  No plate glow at all and I can't even
light up a flourescent light holding it right up to the secondary.  All I
got so far is the filament glowing lol. Help!!!

Garry Neeley aka Bamacoiler