RE: Arc/Spark RE: [TCML] Magnetic Quenching

Ed, dwp,
I found this info saved in my email from August 13, 1999:

Jeff
OK Guys,Here's the deal.As far as I can tell there are about four people in the entire world even remotely interested in Poulsen arc stuff. They are: Bill Pollack (thats me!) - arcstarter@xxxxxxxxxxx Fooler with of electrical stuff. Jeff Behary - jeff_behary@xxxxxxxxxxx Machinist at large, electrosurgery quack collector Steve Young - youngs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, May or may not be interested but did say the phrase "Poulsen arc" at least once. :) David Quinlan - poulsen@xxxxxxxxx - The only living person who has constructed a Poulsen arc device which actually works! I'd suggest that all parties maintain a mailing list of poulsen arc followers. Lets talk about and build one of these things! -Bill (the following is a bunch of stuff I pulled from tesla@pupman etc) To Pouslen arc enthusiasts, (Yes, it's on topic, as hopefully someday soon someone will build a CWtesla coil powered by a Poulsen arc oscillator and share the results onthis list. Jeff, if you do it, please keep us posted!). For fascinating reading, try these sites:http://www.asb.com/usr/w2g3zfj/about.htmhttp://metronet.com/~nmcewen/Federal_Telegraph_Relay.htmlhttp://home.luna.nl/~arjan-muil/radio/poulsen.html --Steve----------> >SNIP> >At one time I'd started a Poulsen arc page, which is at:> >http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/6160/poulsen/> >