Re: [TCML] Handmade Vacuum Tubes Video: Build A Better 811A Mousetrap?

Hi all,
Although I've yet to attempt a VTTC (let alone make my own tube!) I've been curious about tubes, so I've been following along this thread. I'm just wondering; what the heck is a "getter"? I saw the link, so I thought, ok, now maybe I can figure it out, but that wasn't any help. Thanks in advance for the info.

Neal. aka "ThreadKiller" :) (ask me off list if you're curious)

Subject: Re: [TCML] Handmade Vacuum Tubes Video: Build A Better 811A Mousetrap?

Ed Phillips wrote:

You can buy the getters."