[TCML] Tesla Fest 2008

A great THANK YOU to everyone who participated in our annual Lightning on
the Lawn Tesla Fest 2008.

Steve W. and Jeff L. produced spectacular fireworks with their 4 large
DRSSTCs.  Terry Blake demonstrated his new "insulator platform shoes" adding
a new meaning to "high heels".  Terry defeftly manipulated several long neon
tubes, a light bulb rack, and then finished up his demo by burning up
a long wood post with a graphite pencil mark down it!  Near the finish Terry
was literally handling a "shaft of fire".  All this while getting zapped
from Steve's
larger solid state coil.  Terry was in full Faraday costume with headgear,
body armor, and insulator platform shoes.  The video is both spectacular and
very amusing.

Mike Hardy and friends provided spectacular entertainment with his elevated
1,000.000 Volt aluminum foil covered pumpkin.  It was very eerie to
view it in the dark with 7 ft long sparks coming out of every orfice.

Roger demonstrated his cute video VCR high speed adjustable sparkgap with a
very productive coil setup.

Several experimenters demonstrated their coils, ignition coil HV generators,
and other HV machines of interest.

It is getting so large next year we hope to transport it to the local county
fairgrounds where it will be in 3 very large sheds (covered in case of rain)
--- one
with a 40 ft ceiling!  We will combine Tesla Fest 2009 with a Maker Faire /
Inventor's Faire.  This event with proper promotion should draw thousands
of people.  It is also 12 miles closer for experimenters coming in from the
Interstate system.

We shot approx 300 high def. (16 mb) stills and also 3.5 hrs of video
including some very interesting time lapse video of the setup procedures.  I
will post the still shots on the Flickr in the next 6 days (after some deft
editing) and then
produce a high quality 45 minute video summary for distribution to members
of the Tesla List.

Thanks again to everyone who hauled in their machines from near and far
(one guy came from eastern Ohio).  As always it was a lot of fun and I
look forward to doing it on a larger scale next year!

Dr. Resonance