Re: [TCML] Variac

I also agree with David on this.  The variac will take 23A all day long, no
problem.  I can say from experience that if you try and push two or three
times rated current through a variac it will not be too 'happy'.  My variac
can attest to this, the enamel on the wire is charred and cracking in some
places from when I ran 4kVA throuh it without any sort of cooling [Variac is
a 2kVA unit].  The variac still works perfectly, but I'm sure if I kept
pushing that much through it, the unit would have failed.