From: Phillip Slawinski <pslawinski@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 6:48 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] Odd VTTC Streamer Behavior

  usually a higher
filament voltage such as 10.3 or 10.5 works well, and doesn't cause
problems except for shortened tube life.

Well, maybe in most cases, but not this case. I tried moving the grid way up, and way down and still could not get the coil to behave. When I took the voltage down the coil was working better than with the old transformer.

Regarding those 90 degree small streamers.  My 20" sword spark coil
had them too after I pushed the spark to 20" from the initial 18" or
so.

John