[TCML] 100kVA trannies as salvage?

I saw a couple of 100 kVA pole transformers in the yard of a local HVAC contractor a while back.  At least they are marked with the '100' on the side.  They are huge, maybe 5' tall (it has been a while, need to go back and look at them again), and must weigh a lot.  I was thinking of calling them and offering them salvage value for them, or $50.  I think they are really too big for me to use, as they are much bigger than the one feeding my house and about 5 others!

But they may be worth dismantling...  Does anyone know how big the cores are (if they are indeed 100kVA) and if it might be worth placing it in a smaller container and using at lower power, or would that be too inefficient?

Nick A