Re: [TCML] MOTS

Hey Jay...

If you removed the shunts of the MOT's, you will increase the current output of the transformer BUT you will also increase the saturation values of the transformer core material thus leading to hi input current usage and rather hot running transformers. MOT's are designed to be running at their max value with minimum physical design, they are not over engineered ( most likely under engineered and on the verge of failure).

In most cases the filament winding is left disconnected but left in place. When trying to remove it from the transformer, one can damage the secondary windings quite easily... If there is no load applied to the filament winding, there is no ( or so very little) current used by that winding...

Scot D

jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello all, I just got 2 large MOTS and I noticed that they have some magnetic shunts in between the primary and secondary coils. my question is what happens if i were to remove them. Also whats the best way to get rid of the filament coil. it is wedged inbetween the secondary and shunts pretty good and i dont think that i can get it out?

thanks,
Jay Howson