Re: [TCML] SISG First Light

I always test my power reactor - transformer combination with a climbing arc
prior to applying power to a TC circuit.

You can accurately measure the pri current to prevent incidents.  It's
usually less expensive to blow a fuse than a few solid state boards.

In most cases you want to set the current level approx 7.5 Amperes below the
desired operating current level.  The caps will change the current level
in the primary, and a typical coil will operate at 7.5 Amps above the
reactor - transformer -climbing arc combo.

Dr. Resonance