Re: [TCML] SISG success

In a message dated 10/12/08 10:13:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
herwig.roscher@xxxxxx writes:

>- If you do not want to exceed the 800 A limit, the only way to  pump

>more energy into the system is, to increase the supply voltage. Of

>course you need to increase the inductance of the primary circuit  in

>this case....

    From my experience, I'd take Terry Fritz's  "guesstimated" extrapolated
800A peak instantaneous current limit very seriously  if you want the SIDACs
and IGBTs to last more than a minute.

    Of course, the "new" SIDACs and bricks might  survive more!

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities