Re: [TCML] High Voltage Negative Ion Generator

North,

The Electronic Goldmine (goldmine-elec.com) has them ready built for $10.95. See item G1783. I built one 35 years ago with the 7.5 kV negative corona charging supply from a Xerox copier. They used to be very common at hamfests, but I haven't seen one in years. You could probably pull the HV section out of an old copies or laser printer. Basically, you just need a high voltage negative DC supply that feeds a bank of needle points to make corona. The current requirement would be only a few microamps.
Dave

North Lake wrote:
does anyone know how to
build a High Voltage Negative Ion Generator  ?