[TCML] Frequency generator to tesla coil

Hey guys I was wondering if it was possible to use a frequency generator on the computer, To send a signal to a huge audio amp.  Then instead of connecting the amp to speakers connecect it to a primary to a really small TC.

I am curious because I have all these things availible to me here at college and I am looking for something fun to do.  Not really expecting to get huge sparks of course. maybe just to be able to test the reasonance of coils.