Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2008 9:22 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Looking for a nive plate transformer

--- On Sun, 10/5/08, Phillip Slawinski <pslawinski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Phillip Slawinski <pslawinski@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 6:28 PM

Why go through the effort of putting MOTs in oil?
They're junk.  The cores
become saturated at 70V.

Junk?? Your assertion about MOTs alarmed me so much, I went right to the kitchen and microwaved a cup of tea. Much to my relief, it got scalding hot. Phew...thought my oven wasn't going to work anymore for a minute there!

Greg