From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 3:54 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] rotary gap disk

I am not planning on pushing tons of power through this thing. About 1 kva
from my obit stack.
I tried looking for cheap G-10 again and was unable to locate any.  oh well
When I am out of college and have enough money to buy a pole transformer I
will probably have enought money to buy a good motor, G-10, and tungston to
make a really nice gap.  But for now this will have to do..
I like the idea of using washers as heat sinks on the flying electrodes.  I
think I will use that idea if I have room for more weight.
I modifyed the motor today but I have no way to test it for actual sync
rotation untill I get home for christmas break. Unless someone knows how I
can do this without a florecent light.
thanks,
Jay Howson
5:53 PM