[TCML] lareg toroids for Tesla coils

I picked up a large dia tubing bender and plan on doing some 38 x 12, 48 x
16, and 120 x 30" size toroids next summer.  It will bend both 1" alum and
copper tube, and also 3/4" alum or copper.

If anyone is building a large coil and needs inexpensive toroids, I will
extend an invitation to anyone to come up to Wis. Dells and "roll their own"
large dia toroids using the "ring method" of spaced finite elements.  I can
do the small inner hoops with our tig wirefeed aluminum welder and you just
roll the rings to fit.  We also have an excellent local supplier for the 3/4
and 1 inch size of aluminum pipe.

We are presently using Maxwell 3D to determine the optimum electrostatic
plots to get the best spacing.  I plan on doing the large 120 x 30" size
using 1" OD alum tubing with a 2 inch spacing between each element.

Perhaps Arjun or Greg Lehy might advise on the tubing dia and spacing they
found most efficient for their toroids.  I know Greg used stainless to
create his large 12 ft dia sphere and Arjun used aluminum tube to create his
finite element toroid.  I'm most curious on the tubing size and spacing they
both used.  Comments guys?

Best regards,

Dr. Resonance