RE: [TCML] TC Newbie

Welcome to the list and might I add, building a Tesla Coil is as rewarding as actually seems not to mention your own creation of real looking lightning when you get it right, and all your friends will totally respect you for your great achievement,Good luck and enjoy it! Gareth,relatively a newbe at Tesla.

-----Original Message-----
From: "G Hunter" <dogbrain_39560@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 2008/11/27 16:30
Subject: Re: [TCML] TC Newbie

Due to your short timeline, you may want to seek assistance from a nearby coiler.  The UK has a robust and active high voltage hobbyist community.  Perhaps one of your fellow Brits will sell you or loan you an NST.

The EU seems to have a 10KVAC upper limit on NST secondary voltage.  From what I have gathered on the mailing list, 25mA and 50mA outputs seem to be standard.  This is not really an issue.  A 10KV unit will do just fine if you can locate one.

Likewise, you can improvise a power supply using
[truncated by sender]