[TCML] Fear Factor Live - Decommissioned

TCML,
(my notes after the release)

November 6th, 2008
Universal City, Hollywood CA

Fear Factor Live Decommissioned

After four successful years, Universal Studios Hollywood is decommissioning the Fear Factor Live show to make room for another theme attraction stage show for 2009.

Installed in 2005, Fear Factor Live instantly captured industry attention because of its innovative use of special effects including a 1.2 Million volt Tesla coil build by kVA Effects of Torrance California. The high voltage special effects are credited for Fear Factor Live winning the Theme Entertainment Association's award for Best Attraction of 2005.

Averaging five shows a day for a packed 1800 seat theater, the show thrilled more than 12 Million guests before the last performance on August 30th. The Tesla coil created two nine foot electrical arcs for the duration of the finale as guest contestants battled to win on electrified "hand cycles".  "Translating our effects from the television show to the stage was a challenge but the Universal family really got behind us on this one. The result was great fun for a lot of people." said Jeff Parisse, owner of the high voltage special effects company.

For more information on Universal Studios Hollywood including "The Simpsons RideT", the newest 3D ride adventure, visit http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/

Notes from Jeff: We got the SG10-TC back and it is really dirty. The Halloween show sprayed pyro all over it for a month before we could remove it. I'm going to u/l a YouTube video to our site (kvaeffects) so you guys can see what four years of hard work can do! Nick and I are going to take it totally down for a rebuild and put it back into our rental inventory. I just hope that after 12 million guest, we have inspired kids to get into math and science just like the Exploratorium Tesla Coil in San Francisco did for me when I was a kid.

p.s. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel (kvaeffects) to be the first to see our video releases many of which are not publicized individually.