Re: [TCML] Resources

Hi

That is a bit out of line on price, even in this day and age.
You could try Ebay:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=magnet+wire&_sacat=See-All-Categories

A good supplier I have dealt with in the past is:
http://www.eis-inc.com/

Several years ago I bought wire from them for about $4/lb. The price is now
about $10/lb.

As far as making a TC from scrap, I have wound secondaries from wire salvaged
from contactor and shaded pole motor coils.
 later
deano